Friday, December 7, 2007

Realization.

I realized something today. I watched something today that suddenly made clear to me the fact that there is no such thing as the "perfect body". There are just body types and what you find beautiful in each one. There's always something that stands out about everyone: she's got the perfect hips, she's got beautiful bones, her curves are amazing. You don't have to make yourself into a carbon copy of the things you see in magazines because there's something about yourself that someone else is wishing they had. But, we shouldn't wish for anything like that. It shouldn't be about thinking "If I looked that way, I'd be perfect" or "If I changed this, I'd be beautiful". It's about thinking "I love this about me and I wouldn't change a thing". It's hard, I know. Better than most, I'm sure. But, I think it's time we all stopped killing ourselves to get those angles and those collarbones just so. We are who we are, and it's beautiful.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Great insight Indiana!

TimW8 said...

I'm glad I found your blog.
Let's be Blog Buddies.
Your Boyfriend's Bro